We understand that your privacy and the security of your personal information is extremely important. This notice sets out what we do with your personal information, what we do to keep it secure, from where and how we collect it, as well as your rights in relation to the personal information we hold about you.
This policy applies if you interact with us through our store, over the phone, online, through our mobile applications or otherwise by using any of our websites or interacting with us on social media (our “Services”).
If you don’t want to read all the detail, here are the things we think you’d really want to know:
FoodyBug LTD is a company located in 20-22 Wenlock Road, London (England) N1 7GU.
We do use a number of third parties to process your personal information on our behalf and some of them are based outside of the European Economic Area.
You have a number of rights over your personal information. How you can exercise these rights is set out in this notice.
We do send direct marketing, if we’re allowed to. And we do this to encourage you to buy our products and services by sending you offers and ideas that we feel will be of benefit to you. If you want us to stop then here’s how.
We also display online advertising relating to our products and services on our website, on other websites and online media channels.
Who are we?
FoodyBug LTD is a startup company located in 20-22 Wenlock Road, London (England) N1 7GU.
What sorts of personal information do we hold?
- Information that you provide to us such as your name, address, date of birth, telephone number, email address, payment card details and any feedback you give to us, including by phone, email, post, or when you communicate with us via social media;
- Information about the services that we provide to you (including for example, the things we have provided to you, when and where, what you paid, the way you use our products and services, and so on);
- Your account login details for our services, including your user name and chosen password;
- Information about whether or not you want to receive marketing communications from us;
- Information about any device you have used to access our Services (such as your device’s make and model, browser or IP address) and also how you use our Services. For example, we try to identify which of our apps you use and when and how you use them. If you use our websites, we try to identify when and how you use those websites too;
- Your contact details and details of the emails and other electronic communications you receive from us, including whether that communication has been opened and if you have clicked on any links within that communication. We want to make sure that our communications are useful for you, so if you don’t open them or don’t click on any links in them, we know we need to improve our Services.
Our legal basis for processing your personal information
Whenever we process your personal information we have to have something called a “legal basis” for what we do. The different legal bases we rely on are:
- Consent: You have told us you are happy for us to process your personal information for a specific purpose;
- Legitimate interests: The processing is necessary for us to conduct our business, but not where our interests are overridden by your interests or rights;
- Performance of a contract: We must process your personal information in order to be able to provide you with one of our products or services;
- Public information: Where we process personal information which you have already made public;
- Legal claims: The processing of your personal information is necessary for the establishment, exercise or
defenceof legal claims or whenever courts are acting in their judicial capacity;
- Legal obligation: We are required to process your personal information by law.
How do we use your personal information?
There are a number of ways in which we use your personal information, depending on how you interact with us. If you do not provide your information to us, then we will be unable to interact with you in that way – for example, if you do not provide your name, address and account details when purchasing one of our products online, we will not be able to sell you that product as we would be unable to process your payment or deliver the product to you.
We may use your information in the following ways:
- To personalise your shopping experience – we try to understand our customers so we can provide you with a great shopping experience, relevant marketing, personalised offers, shopping ideas and online advertising. Understanding how you use our Apps, how you interact with our website where you shop, the products and services you buy and how you use and browse our websites helps us to do this.
- Analytics and profiling – we use your personal information for statistical analysis and to help us understand more about our customers. That includes understanding the products and services you buy, the manner in which you consume them, how you shop across the whole FoodyBug website and APP and by creating profiles about you. This helps us to serve you better and to find ways to improve our services, stores, apps and websites. These profiles help us to send you offers that are more relevant to you.
- Contacting you – we use your personal information to contact you: either to conduct market research or to contact you about products and services from us and other companies. We may also contact you in relation to any questions you have raised with us or to discuss the status of your account with us.
- To provide our products and services – we need to use your personal information to make our products and services available to you. If you then decide to order any of our products or services then we’re delighted, thank you.
Cookies and similar technologies
How long will we keep your personal information for?
If you would like to exercise one of your rights as set out in the “Your rights” or “Automated decision making and profiling” sections above, or you have a question or a complaint about this policy, or the way your personal information is processed, please contact us writing at email@example.com